Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Found a Four-Leaf Clover


I Found a Four-Leaf Clover


I found a four-leaf clover
and was happy with my find,
but with time to think it over,
I’ve entirely changed my mind.
I concealed it in my pocket,
safe inside a paper pad,
soon, much swifter than a rocket,
my good fortune turned to bad.

I smashed my fingers in a door,
I dropped a dozen eggs,
I slipped and tumbled to the floor,
a dog nipped both my legs,
my ring slid down the bathtub drain,
my pen leaked on my shirt,
I barked my shin, I missed my train,
I sat on my dessert.

I broke my brand-new glasses,
and I couldn’t find my keys,
I stepped in spilled molasses,
and was stung by angry bees.
When the kitten ripped the curtain,
and the toast burst into flame,
I was absolutely certain
that the clover was to blame.

I buried it discreetly
in the middle of a field,
now my luck has changed completely,
and my wounds have almost healed.
If I ever find another,
I will simply let it be,
or I’ll give it to my brother—
he deserves it more than me.

by Jack Prelutsky


Hi my friends,

thanks again for all the comments I got to my last post(s)... I know it sounds a little bit boring after a while to say the same words over and over again - but I mean it that way! I'm happy for all my visitors and commentators, I'm thankful for every single word from you.

Coming down from beautiful North Carolina - I LOVE it! - we are resting from our travels just now in South Carolina, Dave is doing some internet work, I'm writing my diary and answering all the emails from good friends all over the world.

Don't forget, tomorrow is "My wordless Sunday - in South Carolina" again... come back tomorrow and check it out! :)

Let's stay in touch and see you next week.
Susanne

9 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

What a beautiful photo. The depth of field is superb.

An Arkies Musings

Maia said...

Beautiful close-up and I love this poem too.
You have a lot of great stuff on your blog since my last visit.
Have a beautiful Sunday.

Jagriti said...

just chanced upon you blog... beautiful place you have here...will come again..

kRiZcPEc said...

a great shot. Thanks for sharing. ;)

RennyBA said...

Wonderful picture and lyrics!

Did you know my S&B IL lives in North Carolina :-)

Btw: Thanks for the visit - always great to see you when you find the time you know - but I understand that you are busy traveling.

Anonymous said...

The colors are just fantastic. Photo are prose are a perfect match. :)

Charlotte Rains Dixon said...

Hi Susanne,

Its good to hear from you and great to visit your blog and see photos of your travels. I was in Flat Rock last year and loved it. I think I owe you birthday greetings, too--hope it was a good one! When are you coming to Portland?

XOXO
Charlotte

The Factory said...

I like this flower... When I was a child here in Switzerland, we were eating them... There have a little sugar taste :))
Take care Charles

chuckles said...

beautiful! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin